Although the book does not identify its author, it is traditional to assume that Jonah himself wrote it. However, this seems very unlikely, as he does not claim to be the author, and he is constantly referred to in the third person. Many biblical scholars argue that the book should be dated after the exile (i.e., after 540 BC) and therefore long after Jonah himself lived.
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ What does the number 666 mean?
Find us on Facebook