The commandment “You shall not steal” is in Exodus 20:15. It is repeated in Leviticus 19:11 and Deuteronomy 5:19 and is endorsed by Jesus in Matthew 19:18, Mark 10:19 and Luke 18:20. In Jeremiah 7:9 and Zechariah 5:3 we are told of God’s displeasure with those who do steal. In Romans 13:9 Paul points out that if we love our neighbour we will not steal. In Ephesians 4:28 he says that those who have been guilty of stealing should repent and change their ways.
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
Find us on Facebook