The Sadducees, who did not believe in the resurrection, tried to trap Jesus. They told the story of seven brothers, the first married a woman and died, the second married the same woman and then died, and so on. The Sadducees presumably thought that Jesus would either have to admit that this women would have seven husbands in the Kingdom, or deny the resurrection. Jesus does neither, but explains that “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 22:23-30). This answer demonstrates that marriage does not continue into eternity but lasts until death. Compare Romans 7:2 and 1 Corinthians 7:39.
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
Find us on Facebook