The straightforward answer is that it is up to God, not us, when he chooses to leave us inspired books. The books of the Bible were given to achieve his purposes. There have been other times in history when God did not choose to leave his written word; actually nearly all the time this has been the case. Perhaps a more fruitful question is why God chose to leave us his written message at all. Clearly the answer is that God calls us to repentance and to the hope of resurrection and of his kingdom. If this can be achieved with what he inspired to be written, then who are we to demand more?
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ What does the number 666 mean?
Find us on Facebook