Taken from the Life’s Big Questions website:
What’s so special about the Bible?
There are four main types of evidence showing that the Bible is different from all other books.
1 minute taster video
- The Bible contains many accurate, clear and direct predictions
- The people making the predictions have no influence in making them come true
- The people involved in fulfilling the predictions are not aware that they are so doing
- The predictions are not vague – cities and nations are specifically named
A law ahead of its time
- Knowledge of good community health practice existed thousands of years ago
- Parts of the civil law are wiser than the laws that govern our world
- Critics doubted the existence of many people and places mentioned in the Bible
- Then inscriptions were discovered which mentioned them!
A consistent message
- The Bible was written by many people from different backgrounds over a period of over 1,500 years, but despite this it has thousands of linked ideas
- There is a consistent message which tells us:
- Where we came from
- What the meaning of life is
- Where we are going