The Bible does not speak highly of dogs because during the time it was written, dogs were usually scavengers and likely to be disease-carriers. We would think of them as wild dogs. However, in the case of the Canaanite woman in Matthew 15:26-27, the dog would have been a pet and was permitted to eat the crumbs at meal-times. In our culture, dogs are most frequently pets and should be treated with kindness and love.
- ▶ Who are the six demons in the film "Exorcism of Emily Rose" : Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
Find us on Facebook