The commandment given by Paul in Ephesians 6:1 is ‘Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.’ It is significant to note the qualification that parents are ‘in the Lord’, because if parents give an order that is contrary to the commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ then Jesus’ wishes should come first. Paul’s commandment is given to children — when they reach the age of adulthood then good parents will give recommendations and advice to their children rather than orders that must be obeyed. The age at which children reach adulthood will depend on their disposition and circumstances.
- ▶ Who are the six demons in the film "Exorcism of Emily Rose" : Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ Is Mt Moriah the same as Mt Calvary?
Find us on Facebook