The term ‘Armageddon’ has come to be associated with dreadful trouble at the time of the last days. However, in the Bible, Armageddon is mentioned only once, in Revelation 16:16. At this time, when Jesus says he will return unexpectedly, kings of the whole world are assembled to battle, “and they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.” The result of the battle is described in Revelation 19:11-21, when Jesus Christ is established as King of kings and Lord of lords. Prior to the time of Jesus’ return there will be ‘a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time’, mentioned in Daniel 12:1 and Matthew 24:21. It seems that this tribulation will be much more wide-spread than the Battle of Armageddon itself.
- ▶ Who are the six demons in the film "Exorcism of Emily Rose" : Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ Is Mt Moriah the same as Mt Calvary?
Find us on Facebook