God commands the Israelites not to make carved images (Exodus 20:4), but also commands the Israelites to carve images of cherubim on the Ark (Exodus 25). This would appear to be contradictory. However if you read the context of the command, it seems that God is not forbidding images of any sort but forbidding images that are worshipped. “You shall not bow down to them or serve them” (Exodus 20:5).
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
Find us on Facebook