The famous battle in which David killed Goliath took place in the Valley of Elah (1 Sam 17:4). Elah means terebinth, a tree commonly found in the area. The brook which runs through the valley is the Brook of Elah. It is a seasonal creek that runs dry for much of the year. The creek bed is shown below.
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
Find us on Facebook