In actual fact, the Bible’s descriptions of angels present them as having no wings! See the answer to ‘Where in the Bible does it say that angels have wings?‘. As that answer says, ‘There are two angel-like creatures that do have wings, and this may be the origin of the idea that angels have wings. Cherubim (Exodus 25:20; Ezekiel 10) and Seraphim (Isaiah 6) are both described as having wings. However, these are not angels’. Both the cherubim and the seraphim have more than two wings: the cherubim have four (Ezekiel 10:24) and the seraphim have six (Isaiah 6:2).
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ What does the number 666 mean?
Find us on Facebook