The theory of the New World Order does not fit with Bible prophecy. Consider the following:
The prophecy in Daniel 2, indicates a sequence of powers that would rule before God establishes His Kingdom on earth:
|Head of gold||Babylon|
|Chest and arms of silver||Medes and Persians|
|Belly and thighs of bronze||Macedonian/Greek power|
|Legs of iron||Rome (developing into the Eastern and Western legs of the Empire|
|Feet and toes of iron mixed with miry clay||Mingled nations not cleaving to one another (the position today)|
We are told the head represents Babylon.
- Babylon was defeated by the Medes and Persians – the chest and arms of silver, in 539BC.
- The Persians were defeated by Alexander the Great, king of Macedon (belly and thigh of bronze in the prophecy) in 331BC.
- Macedon was conquered by Rome (legs of iron) in 148BC, after a series of wars commencing in 214BC.
- Rome’s decline happened over a long time. 476AD is the date considered to be the dissolution of the Western Roman Empire, with the abdication of Romulus Augustulus to the Germanic warlord Odovacer. The other leg of the empire, the Eastern Roman Empire, ended in 1453, with the fall of Constantinople to the Turks. Post Rome, Europe disintegrated into many small states ruled by warlords who later declared themselves kings.
- The disintegrated post-Roman times to the present, are the times of the feet and toes of clay and iron, which do not hold together.
We read in Daniel what will happen to the kingdoms of men. Dan 2:42-45
And as the toes of the feet were partly iron and partly clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly brittle. (43) As you saw the iron mixed with soft clay, so they will mix with one another in marriage, but they will not hold together, just as iron does not mix with clay.
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever, (45) just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. A great God has made known to the king what shall be after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation sure.”
The fact that God’s kingdom comes at a time when there are a mixture of strong and weak “kingdoms”, proves to me that there will not be a “New World Order” of one dictator controlling the earth.
If the question refers to the new world government that Jesus Christ will establish at his return, then yes, the United States and every other country on earth will eventually submit to Jesus’ rule. As the prophecy of the stone in Daniel 2 tells, the stone representing the Kingdom of God, will destroy all the kingdoms of the world and God through His son Jesus Christ, will set up a kingdom that will stand forever.
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.