The region of Galilee is in Northern Palestine, and thus would have formed part of the Kingdom of Israel. The Israelite population of Galilee was deported by the Assyrians (cf. 2 Kings 15:29). This region would have been repopulated by Gentiles from other parts of the Assyrian empire (like the Samaritans). Under the Maccabees this region was repopulated by Jews from the south (i.e. Judaea). The Jews of Galilee were ethnically Jewish and kept the Temple customs. The Samaritans on the other hand were ethnically Gentile and kept their own customs.
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
Find us on Facebook