Two reasons why Lot wasn’t destroyed: A) for Abraham’s sake (Genesis 19:29); B) Lot didn’t enjoy being there, it was agony to him (2 Peter 2:7-8). Lot pleaded with his family all night to go with the angels (Genesis 19:14-15) but they didn’t want to leave. Lot was hesitant to go because he knew his family didn’t want to — a difficult decision. Once Lot’s wife was turned into a pillar of salt, he went to the mountains where the angels originally told him to go (Genesis 19:17,26 & 30).
- ▶ Who are the six demons Cain, Nero, Judas, Legion, Belial and Lucifer?
- ▶ Is it okay for Christians to eat pork and shellfish?
- ▶ Was Mary Magdalene a prostitute?
- ▶ How tall was Goliath?
- ▶ Why did Paul change his name from Saul to Paul?
- ▶ How old was Solomon when he began his reign?
- ▶ How old were the disciples of Jesus when they joined him?
- ▶ How many promises are in the Bible?
- ▶ Where in the Bible does it refer to Isaiah being sawn in half while hiding in a tree?
- ▶ How many people wrote the Bible?
Find us on Facebook